- In the United States, an antique car is generally defined as a car over 45 years of age, this being the definition used by the Antique Automobile Club of America. However, the legal definition for the purpose of antique vehicle registration varies widely.
- (Antique Cars) An automobile track ride designed by Arrow Dynamics. One of three track rides in the park.
- A vehicle built prior to 1915 sometimes called the brass era because of the widespread use of fancy brass fittings and brass lanterns that were a natural addition to the new “horseless carriage.” The Brass era lasted from around 1905 to 1914.
- purchasable: available for purchase; “purchasable goods”; “many houses in the area are for sale”
- For Sale is the fifth album by German pop band Fool’s Garden, released in 2000.
- For Sale is a tour EP by Say Anything. It contains 3 songs from …Is a Real Boy and 2 additional b-sides that were left off the album.
- A caption or credit in a movie or broadcast
- A book, magazine, or newspaper considered as a publication
- (title) entitle: give a title to
- The name of a book, composition, or other artistic work
- (title) a heading that names a statute or legislative bill; may give a brief summary of the matters it deals with; “Title 8 provided federal help for schools”
- (title) the name of a work of art or literary composition etc.; “he looked for books with the word `jazz’ in the title”; “he refused to give titles to his paintings”; “I can never remember movie titles”
Steampunk XBox 360 + Antique GE Radio Mod
By William A. Thompson of Atlanta, GA
I’m not exactly sure what makes people want to mod their game systems. Maybe it’s a creative spark, maybe it’s complete and utter obsession with a game, or maybe it’s just boredom. On this one it is a distinct combination of ADHD and boredom of the “unemployed” variety.
With that being said, this mod began with the purchase of an antique General Electric 1960s clock radio receiver. I had recently began opening up X-Box 360 consoles and switching out the fans and soldering on new fan systems to keep the system cooler and was looking for a nice sized box to put it all in. When I came across the C580A radio loved it.
As for the Steampunk choice, it just made perfect since to me with the antique design and the discovery of the gears and tubes on the inside of the receiver that were still in great condition. Not to mention I’ve always loved the Bioshock titles, and with Bioshock Infinity coming out here soon, and Unforgiven being my recent game of choice, I felt like it was the correct choice.
I decided to go with the 360 unit standing upright for better cooling and hot air removal during playtime.
I began by the addition of the top box design with the two hinge additions; The top for insertion/removal of the 360 unit and the second for disc tray. Likewise, I cut out a portion of the right wall and put in Leather so as to allow the quick removal of the connection cords and such.
After a little painting with a bronze acrylic, polyurethane coating and some metal trimming, The main structure of the unit was complete.
From here on, it was really just modding the unit with additional materials and antique parts I came across over time. The tubes have been adjusted with blue LED lights for the effect given off. There is also two LED bars on the inside next to the disc tray portion (for when the side disc tray door is open) two LED light strips affixed inside the clock front unit as well. All run off 12 volt, which is inserted into the switch panel at the top. All the gears come from old watches, old clocks and decorative gears from the hobby store. On the front is an antique metal compass, and the side bronze piping is from an old portable car tire pump.
This mod is for sale. If you’re interested, please contact William Thompson at WThompson(at)CCG08.com (That’s a zero before the eight, ps)
FOR SALE: 1957 Chevy 4-DR Hardtop BelAir